Satan was like “a strong man.” Yet Jesus claimed to be much stronger. He claimed to defeat Satan, and to take whatever He wanted from Satan (Matthew 12:22-29). How did Jesus prove this claim? By publicly defeating the forces of Satan! He could do this because “demons” – the evil spirits who serve Satan – were working in a very bold and open way. (Compared with the Old Testament, the New Testament shows much more visible activity from the demons.) Demons even forced themselves into some people. They caused much harm to those in whom they lived.
On the eastern side of Lake Galilee there is a place of caves and graves. There, Jesus met a man. “many” evil spirits lived in him. He kept crying out and cutting his naked body. The demons in him recognized and feared Jesus. They made the man shout,
What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You,don’t torture me!” Jesus now ask the evil spirit what is your name the evil sprit said Legion (Luke 8:28). Jesus ordered the demons to come out of the man. The demons obeyed at once. The local people were amazed when they saw the man “sitting at Jesus’ feet, dressed and in his right mind” (Luke 8:35). Jesus met many others who had demons. He always had mercy on them. He always healed them and forced the spirits to leave them.
All the people were amazed and said to each other, “What is this teaching? With authority and power He gives orders to evil spirits and they come out!” (Luke 4:36). Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with Him (Acts 10:38). Jesus shared with His followers the power to defeat Satan. He proved this by giving to those with Him power for miracles and casting out demons (Matthew 10:1; Luke 10:19; Mark 16:17). They too had the same success. (The disciples had only one failure, as recorded in Matthew 17:14-21. That was because of their own lack of faith. After that lesson, every other attempt at working miracles was successful.) When seventy disciples came back from their preaching journeys, they joyfully said to Jesus,
Lord, even the demons submit to us in Your name.’ He replied, ‘I saw
Satan fall like lightning from heaven'” (Luke 10:17-18).
Now no force can control God’s people against their will. Nothing can separate us from God’s love (Romans 8:38-39). Christians continue to win their struggles against “the powers of this dark world.” They do this by using the mighty strength of Jesus.
Confession – The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. (Psalm 27:1-3).
MY BELOVED : Make this power confession:
Before you continue. I announce that greater is the One that is in me than any devil on the side of my enemies. It is written, The righteous is as bold as a lion. By my faith in Christ Jesus, I am righteous. I receive my divine boldness. The angels of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him. The angels of God are with me, I have no basis to fear any man, any evil, any evil spirit. Because the Lord of hosts is with me, I take my confidence in Him. It is written If God be for us who can be against us? God is with me, I have no enough reason to fear, in the name of Jesus. It is written, The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life of whom shall I be afraid? Though a host of demons encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war rises against me, even in this I shall be confident. The Lord is with me like a mighty terrible one. I am not afraid. I cannot be threatened. My persecutors shall stumble and fumble. Their everlasting confusion and disgrace shall never be forgotten. God has commanded me to fear not. Of the 366 days in a year, no single day is allowed for me to fear. So, I refuse to be afraid of anything. You spirit of fear, you are not in God’s agenda for me. I dismiss you from my life now, in the name of Jesus. Jesus said even the very hairs of my head are not only counted but numbered. Not one single strand can be removed without God’s knowledge and permission. Therefore, I put my confidence in the Lord, Who takes so such care of me.
FAVOUR OF GOD AND MAN
Ex. 3: 21; Gen 39: 1-5, 21; Gen. 41:16, 38-40; Lk. 2:52; Pro. 16:7; Is. 43:19; Gal. 13:14; Col. 2:14-15
1. Father Lord, I thank you, because you alone can do all things for me.
2. Blood of Jesus and Holy Ghost fire, remove every bad spiritual odour from my life.
3. Blood of Jesus and Holy Ghost fire, remove every mark of hatred from my body.
4. Let men and women begin to see your beauty in my life.
5. Let your angels remove every filthy garment from my body.
6. Put upon me your garment of honour, favour, fire and miracles in Jesus’ name
7. I claim the favour of God and man.
8. Let me become a sweet aroma to God and man.
9. Oh Lord, let me receive the favour and mercy of God and man anywhere I go.
10. Lord, remember me for good.
11. Oh Lord, let my ways please you.
12. Let the finger of God begin to work against all the Egyptians and Pharoah’ s of my life.
13. Bring me into favour with all those that will decide in my advancement.
14. Cause divine substitution to happen, if this is what will move me ahead.
15. I reject the spirit of the tail and I claim the spirit of the head.
16. I command all evil records planted by the devil in anyone’s mind against my advancement to be shattered to pieces.
17. Oh Lord, transfer, remove or change all human agents that are bent on stopping my advancement.
18. Oh Lord, smoothen my path to the top by your hand of fire.
19. I receive the anointing to excel above my contemporaries in the name of Jesus.
20. Catapult me to greatness as you did for Daniel in the land of Babylon.
I PRAY FOR YOU:
I BREAK THE BACKBONE OF DISAPPOINTMENT IN YOUR LIFE AND FAMILY, BACKBONE OF DISFAVOR, BACKBONE OF POVERTY, BACKBONE OF PRAYERLESSNESS, BACKBONE OF BAD-LUCK AND BAD VISION, BACKBONE OF MIRACLE KILLERS, BACKBONE FRUSTATION, BACKBONE OF WITCHCRAFT, BACKBONE OF SODDING DEATH, BACKBONE OF NON-ACHIEVEMENT, BACKBONE OF AlMOST THERE, BACKBONE OF EVIL PATTERN, BACKBONE OF MARINE SPIRIT, BACKBONE OF LESBIANISM, BACKBONE OF HOMOSEXUALITY, BACKBONE OF LAZINESS, BACKBONE OF FEAR ! BREAK! BREAK! BREAK! BREAK NOW! IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST AMEN AND AMEN.